Knockl is a free mobile app that helps you find the professional contacts you are looking for.
We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in countries around the world.
• To register as a user with Knockl, you will be asked to sign in using your LinkedIn account. This will be used for identification purposes and is linked to your Knockl User ID.
During the sign-up process using LinkedIn we will retrieve the following information from your LinekdIn account
(a) your LinkedIn profile picture
(b) your full name (first name and last name)
(c) your current position (title and company)
(d) your public profile LinkedIn URL
(e) your email address
(f) your industry
(g) your LinkedIn user ID
(h) your geographic location
During the sign-up process, you will also be asked for additional information, such as your work experience amongst others. Many of these requests are optional. However, it will be mandatory for the user to add a least one item relating to the industry the user works in, what the user is looking for and what the user’s interests are.
This information may be shown to other users of Knockl when suggesting your profile to them or when both of you participate in the same event. This information will also be visible to other users when you show your interest towards a user by swiping that user’s profile to the right and it will also be visible when you are matched with another user (meaning that both of you have swiped each other’s profiles to the right).
• You will also be asked to allow Knockl to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. You may decline each of these requests. You may disable location services in your device settings and use the app without sharing location information. If you provide us with your location information, then it may be used to show profiles in your vicinity or beyond to you and to show your profile to users in your vicinity and beyond. Other users may therefore get an idea of your approximate location.
• Additionally, we may process, store, and link your location information to your in-app behavior, to improve our suggestion and recommendation services and any other services we provide our users and customers with. This will help Knockl to improve the user experience by suggesting relevant profiles and offering relevant services.
• If you exchange messages with other Knockl users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
• In addition, Knockl may collect, store, analyze and/or interpret information about the people you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you communicate with the most. We also collect the information of which events you participate in. Knockl uses this information to improve the suggestions and recommendations of profiles and/or events and to improve its services for its users and customers.
• We may also request access to some features of your device such as your camera, storage, calendar or other features to provide you with our service. You may disable access to the respective features in your device settings.
We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
• Our servers may automatically collect data about your Internet address when you use our services. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you are on the Internet. Our servers may log your IP Address and, if applicable, your domain name. Your IP Address is used to help identify you and to gather demographic information about our members and users as a whole but does not include personally identifiable information. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another website or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Site; the website you visit after this Site; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our Service. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider.
• Any or all of these activities with regard to site usage information may be performed on our behalf by our service providers, including, for example, our analytics vendor(s) and our e-mail management partner(s), server hosting partner(s) and website partner(s).
• When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Services, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Knockl advertisements on other sites or applications.
• We may embed pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear GIFs) on web pages, ads, and emails. These tiny, invisible graphics are used to access cookies and track user activities (such as how many times a page has been viewed). We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the number of ads displayed and their performance (such as how many people clicked on an ad).
• If you are using our app, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), or Advertising IDs (for iOS 6 and later), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in „Settings“ on your iPhone. Ad companies also use device IDs or Advertising IDs to track your use of the app, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage.
We may use information that we collect about you to:
• deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
• manage your account and provide you with customer support;
• perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
• communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices;
• develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
• website or mobile application analytics;
• perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf which will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our Service from a third-party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
We do not rent, sell, or share any information about our users with any third-parties, except as specifically described herein.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe such action is necessary to:
(a) comply with the law, or legal process served on us;
(b) protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements); or
(c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Service or members of the public.
In order to provide you with Knockl products you have requested, Knockl may sometimes, if necessary, share your Personal Information and traffic data with trusted partner service providers and/or agents, for example: banking organizations or other providers of payment and analytical services, customer support, or hosting services. Knockl will always require these third parties to take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data and traffic data and to observe the relevant legislation. Within the framework of the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework, our US third-party providers have committed to warranting a reasonable level of privacy which is similar to the Swiss data privacy laws.
The following is a description of how we may share your Personal Information with trusted third party partners. Should we add additional partners, we will immediately update this description:
• We may use Push Notification Services to notify you about various events related to the app. If we do, the name of the person sending you a message may be part of the notification. This message is sent to the push notification service provider, for delivery to your device.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, the Knockl servers that are used to store your Personal Information are owned and hosted by Amazon Web Services, Inc.
We may from time to time ask you to provide information about your experiences, which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any of such data. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback forms on our Service or any survey that you accept to take part in is used to review this feedback and improving the Knockl software, products, and websites. We may contact you to send you messages about faults and service issues. Furthermore, we reserve the right to use email or the Knockl software to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of our software, websites and/or products, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights. We may send you alerts via the Knockl software to notify you when someone has tried to contact you or if someone shows interest in your profile. We may also use the Knockl software to keep you up to date with news about our software and products that you have purchased and/or to inform you about other Knockl products and related information.
We collect and analyze user information by sharing user data with the following services:
• We use a number of different cookies on our site.
• If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
• Log Data
• Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
• Squarespace Analytics
• We use “Squarespace Analytics” to help run our site effectively and provide the best experience for our visitors. Functional and required Cookies are used because they allow visitors to navigate and use key features on our site. We use Analytics and Performance cookies to collect information about how visitors interact with our site.
• Google Analytics
• Google AdWords
• We use Google’s Firebase to provide you with the chat functionality in the Knockl app. Data we share with Firebase are messages and the timestamp of the messages of users sending or receiving a message and other user data (like the full name and the image of the user).
• iTunes Connect
• We use iTunes Connect to manage apps, agreements, sales reports, and to measure our app’s performance.
• Google Play Developer Console
• We use Google Play Developer Console to manage apps, agreements, sales reports, and to measure our app’s performance.
• We may provide aggregated non-personal information such as how many networking connections have been made in relation to an event to third parties such as event organisers so they can improve their event organisation.
• We may ask trusted third-party service partners to analyse the data on our behalf for the purpose of delivering our services to our users/customers. Personal information, such as Name or Email-Address will not be shared to those third parties and they will be required to use the data only for the intended purpose and delete all data they received after completion of their services.
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Personal Information is stored on our servers and protected by secured networks to which access is limited to a few authorized employees, personnel and app development partners.
However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Knockl websites and software clients are not intended for or designed to attract anyone under the age of 18, and we do not intentionally or knowingly collect Personal Information on our sites from anyone under the age of 18. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without parental permission.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred.
From time to time, we may revise this Policy. We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy, or any other of our policies or practices, at any time with or without notice. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different from the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt-out of such differing uses. We will post the revised Policy on the Site so that users can always be aware of what information we collect, how the information is used and under what circumstances such information may be disclosed. You agree to review the Policy periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Service indicates your assent to any changes and signifies your agreement to the terms of our Policy. If you do not agree with these terms, you should not use the Site, the Knockl App, or any other Service.
If you wish to delete your account completely (and remove all your messages), you can, if present, use the in-app option in the settings menu or write us an email to email@example.com. Please note that this will remove your data from knockl Services, and deactivate knockl on your device. Please also note that simply uninstalling knockl from your device will not delete your account.
If you have additional concerns and/or requests, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all questions in connection with this Policy via e-mail to email@example.com
or by writing to
NJ Analytics & Applications GmbH
c/o The Hub Zürich Association